This recipe was provided to us by our Facebook follower, Salome Safodien.
2 oranges (tops removed; cut with a cross about 3cm deep)
3 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp HCW Chia Seeds (soaked)
- Place the prepared oranges in boiling water and simmer for 50 minutes.
- Remove from the water and puree whole oranges (including peel) in food processor until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the eggs and xylitol until light and fluffy.
- Add the almond flour and baking powder. Mix until combined.
- Stir in the orange puree and soaked chia seeds.
- Pour the mixture into a 22cm lined cake tin.
- Bake at 160°C for 40-50 minutes until firm, but still moist.
- Leave to cool in the tin for about 5 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool.