This recipe was provided to us by our Facebook follower, Anusha Naidoo.
1 ½ cups HCW Gluten-Free Self Raising Flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp HCW Cinnamon Powder
½ tsp ground cardamom
250 g butter
2 large eggs
1 cup sliced apples
½ cup pecan nuts
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt, cinnamon and cardamom.
- Use a mixer to beat butter and xylitol until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time to the butter mixture and combine well.
- Add the flour mixture, apples and pecan nuts and blend well.
- Bake for 1 hour in a lined baking tin.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Optional: Drizzle with xylitol syrup (water and xylitol mixture) and decorate with pecan nuts.