1 medium aubergine
½ garlic clove
Pinch of salt and pepper
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut aubergine in half, make a few incisions in it and stuff those with thin slices of garlic.
- Drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place in oven facing down on baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour or until soft. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Place aubergine in a food processor together with herbs and lemon juice. Blend until smooth and then refrigerate.
- Enjoy on Nairn’s oatcakes.