This recipe was provided to us by Taryn Peters, a face book follower (https://www.facebook.com/
1 cup HCW Rolled Oats
1 cup brown sugar / HCW Xylitol
1 cup desiccated coconut
3 tbsp honey / HCW Agave Syrup
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Combine the flour, oats, sugar and coconut in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, add the syrup and stir.
- Remove from the heat. Once slightly cooled, add the bicarbonate of soda and mix until the mixture becomes frothy.
- Stir into the dry ingredients.
- Spread onto a baking sheet. Bake at 180°C for 5-10 minutes.
- Variations: Add cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, raisins or cacao nibs to the dry ingredients.