These smoothie recipes provide ways of using our protein supplements, dried fruit and nuts. The pumpkin and chickpea spread is delicious as a topping for Nairn’s oatcakes.
Roasted Pumpkin & Chickpea Spread
200g pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and cut into large
3 garlic cloves, unpeeled, left whole
2 tsp honey
2 tbsp olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
1 x 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1tbsp HCW Tahini
Juice of ½ lemon
Pinch of ground nutmeg
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Place the pumpkin and garlic in a shallow
roasting tin. Toss with the honey and 1 tbsp
olive oil and season with black pepper and salt.
3. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until tender.
Allow to cool.
4. Peel the garlic cloves and place with the
pumpkin in a food processor.
5. Add the remaining ingredients except the
coriander to the food processor and process
until smooth. Add the coriander leaves and pulse
to combine. Season with black pepper and salt
6. Spread on Nairn’s Oatcakes to serve.