These delicious recipes are perfect for enjoying in front of a fire on a cold, winter’s evening. The recipes are both a source of fibre and the soup is a great way of adding vegetables and legumes to your diet. Our range of legumes are naturally high in protein and have a low GI. They are ideal for adding to soups or stews.
Chunky Bean and Vegetable Soup
1 tsp olive oil
1 leek, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
1 large carrot, diced
2 potatoes, diced
2 litres chicken stock
400g tin chopped tomatoes
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
400g HCW Black-Eyed Beans / Organic Black Beans /
Mung Beans (cooked)
1 handful parsley, chopped
Parmesan cheese, grated, to serve (optional)
1. In a large saucepan, cook the leek and garlic in
the oil for about 10 minutes.
2. Add the celery, carrot and potato and cook for
a further 5 minutes, while stirring.
3. Pour in the stock and add the tomatoes. Bring
to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer
for 15 minutes.
4. Stir in the pasta, peas and beans. Simmer for a
further 10 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked.
5. Garnish with parsley and serve with grated
parmesan, if desired. Click on Mr Bean to download this recipe.
Vegan Chocolate Cake
1 cup HCW Gluten-Free Flour Mix
½ HCW Almond Flour
3 tbsp HCW Cocoa Powder, organic
1 cup castor sugar
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 tsp HCW Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tsp HCW Vanilla Extract
5 tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup luke warm water
50g dark chocolate, chopped
1/3 cup icing sugar, sifted
2 tbsp water
1. Mix dry ingredients together well.
2. In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients
together. Add to dry ingredients and mix
well until smooth.
3. Pour into greased 20cm square baking tin.
4. Bake for 35 minutes at 180°C, or until
5. Let cake cool completely before topping
with the glaze.
6. To make the chocolate glaze:
• Melt the chocolate in a double
boiler or in the microwave.
• Allow it to cool slightly and then
whisk in the water and sifted icing
sugar until smooth.
• Pour over the cooled cake and
spread evenly over the top and
Click on Mr Bean to download your recipe