These recipes can all be enjoyed as part of a gluten-free diet and are a source of fibre and low in fat. Two of them use Nutritional Yeast Flakes, which is a lower sodium alternative to table salt and has a delicious cheese-like flavour. The Soya Pancakes are made with our new source Soya Flour, which is untoasted, high in protein and GMO-free.
Whole-Wheat Macaroni & Sweet Potato “Cheese”
2 cups of cooked whole-wheat noodles (regular or
1 baked sweet potato (without skin)
½ tsp mustard
Juice of 1 lemon
4 tbsp HCW Nutritional Yeast Flakes
3 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp crushed garlic or garlic powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. In a medium bowl combine the sweet
potato, lemon juice, mustard, 2 tbsp
nutritional yeast, garlic, 2 tbsp olive oil, salt
and pepper and mix together well.
2. Fold the cooked noodles into the sweet
3. Place the mixture into a baking dish.
4. Sprinkle 2 tbsp nutritional yeast over the
top and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil.
5. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for
10 minutes or until the top begins to brown.
6. Serves 2-4
Sensational Soya Pancakes
½ cup HCW Soya Flour
2/3 cup buttermilk
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp HCW Flaxseed Powder
¼ tsp salt
1. Mix the dry ingredients together well.
2. Beat together the eggs, buttermilk and oil.
3. Fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture
and combine well.
4. Pour the batter into a hot pan and fry on both
5. Makes approx. 8 pancakes
“Cheesy” Bean Dip
400g mixture of 3 different cooked beans (e.g. kidney
beans, black beans and chickpeas)
¼ cup water
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp HCW Nutritional Yeast Flakes
2 tbsp lime juice
Salt to taste
1. Add all ingredients to a food processor and
blend until smooth.
2. Serve as a dip for corn chips and sliced